Aromatic Fish Skewers
Delicious fish in a flash! This is one of my favourites – packed with so much flavour from all those beautiful (and oh so very healthy) herbs and spices. Buy your fish super fresh and you can marinade well ahead of time (even the day before) meaning it’s ready for cooking with zero fuss.
You could easily cook these on the barbeque.
Serve with a green leafy salad with tahini dressing, some quinoa or a beetroot relish.
- 350g wild ling (2 fillets), cut into cubes
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½-3/4 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp sumac
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Ghee or olive oil for cooking
- Chopped fresh parsley or coriander leaf
- Lemon wedges
- Marinade: In a jar, add the olive oil, lemon juice and all of the herbs and spices. Give the jar a good shake.
- Place the ling in a glass dish and pour over the marinade. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove fish from the fridge and skewer (you’ll roughly get 4 skewers).
- Grease a griddle with olive oil or ghee and heat on medium heat. Place some or all of the skewers on the griddle. Cook for about 7-8 minutes, turning once.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or coriander and serve with lemon wedges.
Per Serving (recipe serves 2)