Corn Fritters with Bacon and Grilled Tomato
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup fresh Continental parsley, chopped
- Vegetable salt, if desired
- Black pepper
- 2 rashers bacon, rind removed
- Grilled 1/2 tomato, sliced
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Mix in flour followed by corn kernels and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a large non-stick frypan.
- Place spoonfuls of corn mixture into pan to make 4 equal-sized fritters, each containing approx 2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Use a knife to shape fritters into neat circles in the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 mins each side or until golden and firm to touch in the centre.
- Serve with grilled bacon and sliced tomato.
Per Serving (recipe serves 2)