Frittatas are a favourite dish amongst families. This particular recipe is ideal when you are craving for pizza but have a die-hard commitment to keeping things clean and healthy. All the flavours are there, just without the crust! And of course, packed with highly bioavailable egg protein, it’s a winner for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 12 organic eggs
- 35g goat’s feta
- Extra virgin olive oil for sautéing
- ½ brown onion, peeled and sliced
- 100g bocconcini or buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 50g semi sun-dried tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 5 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- A pinch dried chili flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl and beat. Add the feta and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in a deep oven proof frying pan approximately 28cm diameter. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- With the frying pan still on medium heat, pour the egg mixture on top. Arrange the bocconcini (or buffalo mozzarella), sun-dried tomatoes, olives and basil leaves on top. Sprinkle with chili flakes.
- Transfer pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Per Serving (recipe serves 4)