Special Summer Holiday Recipes
Summer holidays can mean a break from the constantly chaotic rushed mornings and you may even have some extra time to linger over breakfast or to try out some delicious new snack recipes so here's some recipe inspiration for you:
Summer Strawberry Protein Pancakes (pictured above)
½ large banana
1 scoop or 1 sachet Strawberries and Cream Wheyless
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch baking powder
2 strawberries, finely sliced
butter or coconut oil, to grease pan
2 tablespoons yoghurt, to serve
- Mash banana in a bowl.
- Add in the egg, Wheyless powder, vanilla and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add in a little butter or coconut oil
- Drop in one heaped tablespoon of pancake mixture, smooth down with the back of a spoon and push in a slice of strawberry. Repeat to have 2-3 pancakes in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom and bubbles popping at the surface. Flip and cook for another 1 minute, until cooked through.
- Serve pancakes with any remaining strawberries and a dollop of yoghurt.
Recipe Serves 1
Triple Chocolate Fudge Slice
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup unsalted almond or peanut butter
1/2 cup milk - regular or almond
1 1/2 cups Wheyless Double Chocolate protein powder
Pinch sea salt
1/3 cup almond meal
70g dark chocolate, melted
2 tablespoons chopped almonds or hazelnuts, toasted
- Add coconut oil, almond or peanut butter and milk to a small saucepan. Heat over a low-medium heat, stirring, until combined.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and stir through the protein powder, sea salt and almond meal.
- Scoop into a small container lined with baking paper and press the mixture into the mould, using the back of a spoon to flatten and compact the mixture well.
- Pour the chocolate over the top, spread a thin layer across the slice and sprinkle over the chopped nuts.
- Place into the fridge for 3 hours or the freezer for 1 hour, to set.
Recipe Makes 12 bars
Choc Malt Energy Snack Balls
10 medjool dates, pips removed
½ cup Wheyless Choc Malt protein powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 cups almond meal
1 cup shredded coconut
Pinch sea salt
Rolling ingredient options:
Roasted and finely chopped almonds
Raw cacao powder
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blitz on low until you form a sticky dough, adding a tablespoon of water to the mixture to help it come together, as needed.
- Pick up tablespoonfuls of mixture and roll into a ball in your hands. Roll the ball into your desired “rolling ingredient”.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 1 month.
Recipe Makes 12-14
Choc Cherry Smoothie Bowl
1/2 banana, frozen into 2cm chunks
4 cherries, pitted and frozen (or fresh)
1 tablespoon almond or peanut butter
2 tablespoons coconut flakes
1 scoop Double Chocolate Wheyless Protein Powder
100g Coconut yoghurt
2 tablespoon coconut flakes, toasted
6 cherries, pitted and halved
1 bar Wheyless Probiotic Dark Chocolate, grated
- Add all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with cherries, coconut flakes and grated chocolate.
Recipe Serves 1