Vanilla Chai Recipes
Vanilla Chai Wheyless is available again but only for a limited time so take the opportunity to experiment with a few different recipes - just for the fun of it!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Need to eat more vegetables? You’ve heard of carrot and beetroot in cake, sweet potato in brownies, avocado in mousse so why not try pumpkin in a smoothie?
200mL unsweetened almond milk
1 serve Vanilla Chai Wheyless
1/2 banana, chopped
1 cup pumpkin, cubed and cooked
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp lemon zest
- Chop pumpkin into cubes, cook until softened, cool.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
TIP: For a thicker smoothie, freeze the cooked pumpkin and banana ahead of time.
Jaffa Spice Cookies
If, like me, you enjoy baking but avoid it when trying to lose weight in order to steer clear of temptation, these cookies will not only satisfy the baking urge but also give you something to chew, something sweet to enjoy with coffee and you won’t over-indulge because they’re really filling.
1 1/4 cups ground almonds
1 level scoop Vanilla Chai Wheyless
1/4 tsp bi-carb soda
2 tbs macadamia oil
1 tbs honey
Zest from 1 orange
1/2 tsp vanilla bean extract
1 tsp cinnamon
50g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl except for currants and chocolate.
- Add currants and chopped chocolate and fold through mixture.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on a tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
TIP: If you can’t trust yourself with the rest of the block of chocolate, you can leave it out of the recipe or chop up a few of the Wheyless Dark Chocolate Bars with Probiotics instead - NB: The probiotics may not all survive the oven.
Apple and Spice Pancakes
When you really feel like a warm breakfast or just have a hankering for pancakes, these pancakes are quick to throw together any day of the week
1 1/2 scoops of Vanilla Chai Wheyless
1 'Wheyless' scoop of almond meal
30mL milk of choice, or water
Topping: stewed apple, natural yoghurt, cinnamon
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- In a non-stick pan cook on moderate heat for approx. 2-3 minutes each side (spray with olive oil spray or use a little coconut oil to ensure they don't stick). Watch carefully as they cook quickly!
- Serve with 1/2 cup stewed apple, a dollop of natural yoghurt and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
TIP: This recipe serves one. Simply double or triple the recipe as required for extra people.