Wheyless at Easter!!!
The Easter long weekend will hopefully provide a precious opportunity to relax and perhaps have a little more time to linger over breakfast and experiment with new recipes. So, for a delicious alternative to your Wheyless shake this Easter, give our waffles a go!
CHOCOLATE WHEYLESS WAFFLES
1/2 medium sized banana, mashed
1 heaped scoop Double Choc Wheyless protein powder
1/4 cup almond meal
1 heaped teaspoon coconut flour
- Preheat waffle maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Mash the banana in a small bowl
- Whisk in egg
- Add dry ingredients and whisk together
- Grease waffle iron lightly with olive oil spray
- Fill waffle iron with desired amount of batter and cook until firm and golden
- Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit and yoghurt
Variations: Swap any of the Wheyless flavours for the Double Choc for different flavour combinations e.g:
- Banana Smoothie Wheyless plus a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg. Top with remaining half banana and a little nut butter
- Vanilla Chai Wheyless and top with stewed apples, pears or peaches.
… and then of course, at Easter, there’s….. Chocolate!
If you love Wheyless Dark Chocolate with Probiotics and feel like something a little bit fancy, try melting it before drizzling over strawberries or nuts. And, for the chocolatiers out there, create your own Easter goodies with chocolate moulds. Of course, you can always just gobble them up as they are!!
You’ll find more Easter recipes including healthy hot cross buns in an earlier blog here:
Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Easter!