Easy Peasy Baked Chicken
Home from work and wishing for a quick and wholesome dinner? Here it is.
Ideally, marinade the chicken the night before or that morning, meaning that all you have to do after a long and busy day is put it in the oven!
The chicken goes beautifully with a green pea mash or steamed carrots and a salad. Alternatively, you could slice the fillets after baking and serve on zucchini noodles.
- 500g organic chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp tamari
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 3 small cloves garlic, grated
- A couple of pinches sea salt
- Chilli flakes to taste
- 2 tsp honey, warmed*
* To warm the honey, dispense the required amount into a small jar. Place jar in a pot with some boiled water until runny enough to brush.
- Place all of the ingredients except for the honey in a baking dish. Mix around to ensure the chicken is well coated.
- Place in the fridge to marinade for an hour or so. If time does not permit, skip this step.
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Brush each fillet with a little honey and bake for 30 minutes.
Per Serving (recipe serves 2)