- Small can of tuna
- 1 cup bitter salad greens (rocket, watercress, etc)
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 hard-boiled egg, quartered lengthwise
- 4 black olives
- 1 dessertspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Vinegar (apple cider, red wine or balsamic) to taste.
- Toss salad with olive oil and spinkle with vinegar.
- Slices of red onion and cucumber may also be added as desired.
Optional Extras: Blanched green beans, asparagus, anchovies, 1/4 avocado, 1 artichoke.
HINT: It may be convenient to have a jar of homemade vinaigrette prepared ahead of time. Simply combine 1 cup virgin olive oil, 4 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider or red wine), and 2 tablespoons French Dijon mustartd in a screw-top jar. Close lid tightly and shake well. This dressing will keep for some weeks without refrigeration.
Recipe Serves 1
- (555.6 Cal)