This is the quickest way to whip up a light yet delicious and filling breakfast or lunch. Eggs deliver great quality protein, and avocado and ghee provide valuable fats. Fresh herbs and greens are alkalising and detoxifying. Sumac, a crushed berry, has a beautiful tangy flavour and an intense red colour; it marries beautifully with eggs. Serve with a green salad.
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt, black pepper and chili flakes to taste
- ½ tsp ghee or olive oil for sautéing
- A few small lettuce leaves
- 2 thin slices of avocado
- 3 grape tomatoes, sliced
- A pinch of sumac
- Beat the eggs, then add parsley, salt and chili flakes.
- In a small frying pan (~20cm diameter), heat up the ghee until liquid.
- Pour the egg mix into the pan, and cook on low heat to make an omelette (roughly 3 minutes on one side, flip it, turn the heat off and allow to cook for another minute on the other side).
- Place the omelette on a plate, and in the centre of the omelette stack the greens, avocado and tomato.
- Sprinkle sumac, salt and pepper on top.
- Roll up the omelette into a wrap, and enjoy!
Recipe Serves 1