Salmon & Ricotta Patties
This is a quick and simple mid-week staple.
Choose salmon with edible bones as this is a rich source of valuable calcium.
Serve with salad or steamed veggies, some avocado and roasted beetroot.
- 800g tinned wild Alaskan salmon
- 1 onion, diced
- Olive oil for sautéing
- A handful of finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp salted capers
- 160g fresh ricotta cheese
- Black pepper and chilli flakes to taste
- 2 organic eggs, beaten
- Ghee for pan-frying
- Drain the salmon well, place in a mixing bowl and pat dry with paper towel to remove any excess liquid.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan. Add the onion and sauté on low heat until nice and golden, about 5 minutes. Add the onion to the bowl.
- Add in the dill, capers, ricotta, eggs, pepper and chilli flakes and combine well.
- Form the mix into roughly 80g patties.
- In a large frying pan, heat two teaspoons of ghee.
- Pan fry patties for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Repeat this process for the remainder of the mix.
Per Serving (recipe serves 12)