Spicy Seafood and Vegetable Soup
- 12 peeled green prawns or 400g cubed white fish fillets
- 4 cups homemade stock (fish, chicken or vegetable) or water
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped and grinded
- 3 lemon or lime leaves, thinly sliced, or the rind of 1 lime
- 1 knob of ginger or galangal, thinly sliced
- lime juice to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, shallots and 1 fresh chilli (seeded and sliced) to garnish
- Bring water or stock to boil.
- Add lime leaves, lemongrass and ginger/galangal, simmer for 20 mins
- Strain and add broccoli, carrot and mushrooms and cook for 2 mins
- Add prawns or fish and cabbage.
- Stir in lime juice and garnish with chopped coriander, shallots and chilli.
Variation: use tofu or chicken fillet instead of fish/prawns.
During the Maintenance Phase, a small amount of cooked brown rice may be added as a side dish.
Per Serving (recipe serves 2)
- (250.4 Cal)